We are pleased to welcome you to the Monotheism Catholic Ministry (MCM) of Eric Michel Ministries International. We like to say that there are no strangers here, but only friends who haven’t met yet. We hope that you find the spiritual nurture in our worship and look forward to extending our hand of friendship and peace to you.
Come and see. That’s what Jesus said to those people he called into discipleship. When they asked what he was up to, Jesus didn’t explain all the details of his mission and ministry; but instead invited them to come and experience it for themselves.
That’s what the members of Eric Michel Ministries invite you to do. We’d love to have you come and see what life is like in our community of Independent Catholic faith. We are a reasonably small Christian Community, a place where there is always plenty going on!
Open to all our members.
To become a member, please visit the Membership Page at www.emmiphotos.ca,
Thomas Judas & Michel de Notre Dame are part of Eric Michel Ministries International members of the Interdenominational Assembly of Churches Ministry an association of Christian Churches and Para-Churches.
The Monotheism Catholic Ministry
Monotheism is the belief in one god. A narrower definition of monotheism is the belief in the existence of only one god that created the world, is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.
While all adherents of the Abrahamic religions consider themselves to be monotheists, some in Judaism do not consider Christianity to be a pure form of monotheism (due to the Christian doctrine of the Trinity). Islam likewise does not recognize modern-day Christianity as monotheistic, primarily due to the Christian doctrine of Trinity, which Islam categorizes as shirk and argues was a corruption of the beliefs actually held by Jesus. Christians, on the other hand, argue that the doctrine of the Trinity is a valid expression of monotheism, citing that the Trinity does not consist of three separate deities, but rather the three persons, who exist consubstantially (as one substance) within a single Godhead.
The Monotheism Catholic Ministry exists to promote the fearless pursuit of truth concerning God and Jesus from a Theologic and historical perspective. We believe Jesus is serious when he says his Father is the only true God. This website promotes the simple truth “God is one”.
The Monotheism Catholic Ministry is committed to our interpretation of the Bible. We must be open on matters of faith and willing to hear the other side of the argument. We believe it is best to work out our theology in a community where others can critique and contribute.
- The Bible is inspired and used for teaching purposes.
- God is a singular Entity.
- The holy spirit is an emanation from God, a singular Entity.
Jesus believed in God confirming by the creed of Judaism: The Shema Yisrael, “Hear, O Israel” a Jewish prayer, and is also the first two words of a section of the Torah, and is the title The Shema of a prayer that serves as a centrepiece of the morning and evening Jewish prayer services. The first verse encapsulates the monotheistic essence of Judaism: “Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one” found in Deuteronomy 6:4
- Omnipotence is the quality of having unlimited power and potential. In Abrahamic religions’ monotheistic philosophies, omnipotence is one of a deity’s characteristics.
- Omnipresence or ubiquity is the property of being present anywhere and everywhere. The term omnipresence in a religious context is an attribute of a deity or supreme being. The term ubiquity is to describe something “existing or being everywhere simultaneously, constantly encountered, widespread, common”. Ubiquitous is a synonym for words like worldwide, universal, global, pervasive, all over the place. Being Omnipresent relates to the fact of having the presence of the Universal Christ everywhere.
- The omnipresence of a supreme being in monotheistic beliefs like Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, the divine and the universe are separate, but the divine is present everywhere. In our beliefs, the Universal Christ is an emanation of God; the multiverses are identical and extend beyond time and space.
- Omniscience is the capacity to know everything. In monotheistic religions, such as Sikhism and the Abrahamic faiths, this is an attribute of God. The word omniscience derives from the Latin word sciens (“to know” or “conscious”) and the prefix Omni (“all” or “every”), but also means “all-seeing”.
Catholic in our name:
Catholic from Greek: καθολικός, Romanized: katholikos, lit. “universal”
Catholicity (from Ancient Greek: καθολικός, Romanized: katholikós, lit. ‘general’, ‘universal‘, via Latin: catholicus) is a concept pertaining to beliefs and practices of our denomination.
It could be read as Monotheism Universal Ministry (Christian Unitarian)
Beliefs and practices:
Direct and continuous organizational descent from the Church founded by Jesus.
- The belief that Jesus is a Jewish leader of a sect and a zealot.
- The Belief is that Jesus created the elements of Holy Communion.
- The Belief in the Apostolic succession of ordained ministry by the bishop to bishop from our teaching.
- The Belief in the catholic church as the Body of Christ.
- The Belief in the necessity and efficacy of the sacraments.
- The Liturgical and personal use of the symbol of a Christian Cross
- The use of images, candles, vestments and music, and often incense and water, in worship.
- The Observation of the Christian liturgical year.
A New Ministry Since January 2021
The Monotheism Catholic Ministry is an integral part of Eric Michel Ministries International a Unitarian Chaplaincy and with the EMMI Liberal Catholic Ministry, the EMMI Progressive Catholic Ministry and Eric Michel Secular Buddhist Ministry, members of the Interdenominational Assembly of Churches an association of Christian churches including all.
Please Note: That our Teaching of EMMI Catholic Ministries is not compatible with any of the Liberal Catholic Church or the Progressive Catholic Church. And we are not affiliated with any other Catholic churches: Romain, Orthodox, Anglican, Liberal and Progressive excepted the one that is under EMMI.